What to expect of us and what we expect of you
Welcome to our Appia website. We designed Appia (the “application”) for you to have a secure, flexible space to track your career and life information. Though our intent is for your information to be yours and yours alone, there are times when we may use and/or share information. This document addresses those situations, and our expectations of you and what you can expect of us.
The “Site” is getAppia.com, which is hosted for us by an Appia vendor.
The “we” or “us” refers to Appia, owner of the Site. Appia is a DBA of MB Associates, LLC, which is registered in Methuen, Massachusetts. Our business office is located at 820 Riverside Drive, Methuen, MA 01844.
“You” refers to you, the user or viewer of our Site.
The “application” refers to the part of Appia where you have an individual registered account.
After reviewing this document and you continue to browse and use this Site, you are agreeing to our use of your information and to the following terms and conditions.
Your Personal Information
The personal information we collect includes information in relation to your use of Appia products and services. This describes how we may have occasion to use your information.
Aggregated non-identifiable (personal identifiers removed) data may be collected to:
- analyze and spot trends to help us better serve you
- share with vendors for the same reason
Personal information collected on this Site will only be used to operate the Site and to provide the service(s) or carry out the transaction(s) you have requested or authorized. In support of these uses, Appia may use personal information to:
- provide you with more effective customer service
- improve the Site
- make the Site easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information
- customize the Site to your particular preference or interests
If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary, Appia may disclose personal information to:
- conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Appia or the Site
- protect and defend the rights or property of Appia and our family of websites
- act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Appia employees or agents, users of Appia products or services, or members of the public
Except as otherwise described in this statement, personal information you provide on the Site will not be shared outside of Appia and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates without your permission.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to identify your account as a registered user of Appia. To fully utilize Appia as a registered user, please make sure your browser accepts cookies from our Site.
Vendor Restricted Access
Appia works with other companies to develop and provide services on its behalf, such as website hosting, answering customer questions about products and services, and sending information about our products, special offers, and other new services.
We will only provide those companies the personal information they need to deliver the service. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
Credit card information is handled on a secure vendor website. We do not store any of your credit card information on our Site.
Access to Your Personal Information
You can review and edit the personal information you provided at this Site by logging in and managing your account online at: http://getAppia.com.
What We Expect of You – And What You Can Expect of Us
- The nature of the application and our service/commitment to you means that we will be improving and making changes to this Site and, as such, the Site is subject to change without notice.
- We do our best to affiliate with reliable and ethical sources and service providers. However, we cannot warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this Site for any particular purpose, nor can we guarantee or warrant that the services provided will at all times be error-free or invulnerable to the unlawful activities of third parties (as in the case of Web hosting or credit card processing). As much as we’d like to know everything for everybody, it is not realistic and we and our third parties expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- In our effort to connect you with relevant topics and services we will provide links to other websites. They are provided for your convenience and do not signify that we endorse the website(s).
- Though we have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s), we do want to hear of your experiences and whether there are any issues so we can make appropriate judgments about the value of the link or service.
- The content of the pages of this Site is for your general information and use. We expect you to do your own assessment and vetting of appropriate information for your purposes. Your use of any information or materials on this Site is entirely at your own risk, for which we are not liable.
- Our Site is for your use only. We expect you to choose and maintain a strong password for login purposes and that you will protect your login and not share it with others, nor will you use the Site for any unauthorized or unlawful purpose. We reserve the right to remove you from our Site should you engage in such activities.
Copyright Notice and Other Legalese
This Site contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. All trademarks reproduced in this Site that are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the Site.
We would be thrilled if you find inspiration and value from our Site and we encourage you to share it with others with appropriate recognition to its source. However, wholesale copying of our Site or its contents – with or without attribution and whether or not for commercial purposes – is not permitted without our permission.
Unauthorized use of this Site may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
Your use of this Site and any dispute arising out of such use of the Site is subject to the laws of the United States of America and in particular the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. In the event of any legal dispute, all court proceedings will take place in the state or federal courts within Massachusetts.
Comments and How to Contact Us
Appia welcomes your comments on all things, including these terms and conditions and privacy statement. If you believe that Appia has not adhered to our commitment, please contact us by e-mail at info@getAppia.com and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
We think that by accessing the Site, you have read and can live with the information collected and use practices described in this statement.
Last reviewed/updated: Aug, 2011